HR Specialist/Health and Safety
Professional administrative position whose primary responsibilities are developing and administering the overall health and safety components for a company that operates in three counties. This position will focus on workers’ compensation procedures, including claims management, various protected state and federal leaves including FMLA/OFLA, and agency wide site reviews. This position reports to and is supervised by the HR Director.
This position includes, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Administration of worker’s compensation claims, OSHA logs, and leave programs.
- Conduct accident analysis and oversee company’s centralized safety committee.
- Periodic site reviews to ensure client and staff safety and for quality assurance.
- Design and implement modified job program.
- Develop effective communication materials.
- Continually assess effectiveness of programs, procedures and recommend improvements
- Keep apprised of latest requirements and current best practices related to this role.
- Participate in HR specific and agency meetings as directed.
- Complete additional tasks as directed and acts as backup for HR staff as needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of two years’ experience/education in one or more of the following: Safety coordination, workers' compensation, and/or HR generalist duties.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations as they apply to residential group home and administrative settings.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills, and proven history of being reliable and dependable.
- Ability to work independently and remain self-motivated.
- Effective communication, both verbally and in writing, at many levels (both internally and externally).
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computers, telephone systems, fax machines and copiers.
- Proficient at using computers to enter, access, and retrieve data and intermediate skills in using Microsoft Office to generate spreadsheets and word documents.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and exercise sound judgement in handling and disseminating information.
- Must have a valid Oregon Driver’s License or provide Motor Vehicle Record report from state issuing license and have an acceptable 3-year driving record.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and DHS background check.
- Primarily in an office environment.
- Position requires frequent sitting for extended periods of time with occasional walking, lifting, reaching, grasping and bending.
- Ability to occasionally stand for short period of times to complete job assigned responsibilities.
- Involves periodically driving agency vehicle to complete house reviews, attend safety committee meetings and other job-related responsibilities.
Starting wage is $18.00/hr. to $20.00/hr. depending on experience.
To apply online, click on the link below:
You may also download our application:
Please mail or fax completed application to:
Work Unlimited HR Department
515 SW Western Blvd.
Corvallis, OR 97333
Fax: (541) 757-2552