RPS III in Corvallis: Dept. 11 (Internal Applicants Only)
In collaboration with the Program Manager, the RPS III is responsible for the operational and on-call support of 24-hour/ Supported Living homes. The RPS III is scheduled for 30-32 hours per week, 8-10 hours per week in the office, and 36 hours on-call. In addition to providing essential support to the people we support and the operation, the RPS III position is designed to be a mentorship for employees interested in promotion.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• At least 3 months of direct support or supervisory experience
• Basic computer literacy
• Ability to operate a computer keyboard, i.e. type without looking at the keyboard
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• First Aid/CPR
• Must be able to pass DHS background check
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
• Demonstrate and model a calm, non-reactive demeanor in crisis situations
• Demonstrate and model the process of independent decision making
• Model expected workplace conduct and job task proficiency
• Demonstrate, model, and participate in providing independence and integration for the people we support
• Train and mentor new employees in conjunction with management/company trainer
• Plan weekly menu and grocery list, checking supplies on hand prior to submission.
• Maintain contemporary knowledge of medication stores; reorder medications and/or treatments from pharmacy and/or arrange purchase of PRN stock.
• Review all financial log documentation/receipts weekly. If assigned, manage the entire- process, including budgeting, banking, banking, receipt and bank reconciliation, and cash ledger(s).
• Prepare consult visit forms on Therap; schedule routine medical, dental, eye, mental health, and specialist visits.
• Evaluate all appointment/consultation reports. Update or facilitate update to include all necessary documentation and follow up.
• Send a monthly total of away-from-home days to the Director of Residential Programs.
• Post staff meeting minutes after the conclusion of each meeting.
• Conduct monthly safety walk through reviews; submit online. Follow up with maintenance requests when indicated. Report urgent concerns directly to management and/or the Director of Residential Programs.
• Respond to calls within 15 minutes and remain within 30 minutes of worksite while on-call
• Arrange coverage, or cover open shifts during assigned hours; must be available to work for the duration of assigned hours
• Submit a list of schedule changes to management at the conclusion of on-call rotation
• None. This RPS III is responsible for leadership, training, and role modeling
• Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
• Manual dexterity for operating office equipment
• Ability to apply, and maintain physical restraints for extended periods of time
• Primarily indoor work environment, can be quite loud, with frequent interruptions
• Shift coverage and/or behavioral support required on evenings, weekend, and overnight. Mandatory overtime assignments may be required, at any Work Unlimited home, if directed.
• Occasional or frequent exposure to verbal and physical attacks
• Occasional to frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions, dependent upon season and activity preferences of people served
• Occasional or frequent exposure to bodily fluids
This position requires availability to respond to phone calls and/or report to work immediately throughout the entirety of the assigned hours. Also required is a working knowledge of supervision levels required for all individuals in the home for the purpose of coverage decisions.
This position generally requires a minimum of 30 hours of direct care and 10 hours of program function support. The Director of Residential Programs may adjust this ratio depending upon the needs of the home.
Three or more events of unavailability during on call assignments, not responding to callers within 15 minutes, reporting late/leaving early without management approval, failing to submit required documentation via s-comm as stipulated above, or lack of professionalism when responding to calls may result in forfeiture of the on-call position and remuneration.
RPS III Wage: pay differential of $1.75/hr.
To apply online, click on the link below:
You may also download our fillable application here:
Please email completed application to: Alecm@workunlimited.org
You may also mail or fax completed application to:
Work Unlimited HR Department
515 SW Western Blvd.
Corvallis, OR 97333
Fax: (541) 757-2552